Saturday, January 27, 2007

Breaking in the Fab Paper


Ok, I did it! I finally was brave enough to try using the Fabriano Medivalis Paper I had to have! I am a chicken(should have made a chicken card) I was afrais to use this expensive watercolor paper. Its very high quality and I was afraid of messing it up. In fact, I did mess one up. The second one I tried I goofed it and now I had to throw it away. This card uses the Easy elegance SU set and the colors are Apricot, Red, Celery and Mustard. I used markers to color the stamps and then misted the stamp before applying it to the paper. Jody Morrow taught me that trick and it usually works just fine.I also used an Amuse sentiment and black ink.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous, Karen!!!

Lisa said...

I think it looks great, Karen! But I too hate messing up expensive papers.
Hugs

Kim said...

Gorgeous! I love the misting effect. Gives such a beautiful feel to the cards. Really softens the lines

Alli said...

Oooooooh, this is gorgeous. Me likey. Brave to use your Fabriano too. I have only used one sheet of mine!

AnneMarie said...

lovely card! I am impressed.. I have tried this tech and never seem to get it off the ground... thus I will stick with watercolor paper from Michael's lol!