Saturday, December 22, 2007
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
The rules of the game:
Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.• Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog, we all want to know them.• Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.• Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.I'm to list 7 random things about myself and then tag others....
1. I was born in San Antonio, Tx, moved to McAllen, Tx from 1973-1978 and then we moved right back to San Antonio. We called it the "Tragic valley" instead of the "Magic Valley". It was awful! Our education suffered and we never recovered LOL.
2. I was married at age 22, and I have been married 21 yrs to the same man. We have a 16 yo and a 12yo. I went straight from my mom and dad's house to my husband and never lived alone on my own.
3. I can wiggle my ears
4. I eat shellfish like shrimp, and lobster, and crab but I absolutely hate any other fish, well except tuna salad sandwiches which I love.
5. I can't put on mascara standing up, I have to sit. I have tried to do it but I will make a mess and we all know how hard it is to clean up mascara mistakes.
6. I have hair*issues*. I was born with thick, straight hair but when I went through puberty, my hair completely changed and it got all wavy and curly. I hate it to be wavy so I straighten it with an expensive CHI hot iron. I will be very unhappy if I can not fix my hair on vacation.
7. I love dogs! I am a true animal lover but mostly its all about the pooches! If I see a puppy I will begin talking baby talk and get all goofy and have to hold it! I have almost always had a special dog in my life and the couple years that I was dog-less, I wanted one and was scheming to get one. Hubby finally gave up and got me a dog the second year we were married and we have had one if not two in our house ever since. And my dogs live very very long lives! My childhood dog lived to be 13, then my next dog lived 16 yrs, my current dog is going to be 9 soon. I am doing something right I guess!
Okay, my tagging obligation has been filled. I have no one to tag that hasn't already been tagged so I am breaking the chain.
Sunday, December 16, 2007
After seeing this post on Sharon Johnson's' blog, I flipped! How professional and cool are those cards!!!!! I got the idea to make some very simple cards for a few people. I used my new Cuttlebug machine and Papertrey Ink white card stock and set out to make something similar. Oh how fun it is to Cuttlebug!!!! I will probably fancy this version up a bit because I just can't stand simple and I will tweak this until it has more ink on it someplace but I just had to try it!
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Monday, December 10, 2007
Here is my tree. It has a lot less "bling" than normal. I left off a bunch of stuff this year. We are spending the holidays at the grandparents house and no one is coming for a visit, so we did the minimum. LOL. Looking at this picture tells me that we have too many ornaments on the left and not as many on the right side. I was worried about the side facing the door having enough and I guess the guys forgot about the other side. I guess I will rearrange some ornaments. I am a little disappointed because I have been collecting Hallmark Lighted ornaments for years and this year the ornaments can't be plugged into the lights. This tree has LED lights, its a new pre-lit tree. I added a new single strand of lights specifically for me to plug in the lighted ornaments. A few of the plugs are compatible but my lighthouse with the light in the beacon won't work, and I have an ormament that had a little train that goes in a circle and it won't work either. I guess my lighted ornament collecting ends this year. This is what we spent the day on yesterday. Now I am back to covering cookie tins for hubby's office.
Wednesday, December 05, 2007
I am not sure what I will do about it. I may see if I can get smaller cans and cheaper ribbon, buy a cuttlbug for the chipboard tags ect... He has no idea how much these cans of nuts will cost us LMBO!
Monday, December 03, 2007
Well its here! Its not in place and no decorating has been done , but the furniture is in the house. And now I see I haven't gotten all the tags off yet LOL. On Tuesday the old stuff is getting hauled off and I can arrange the living room the way it should be, but until then, you just get a peek.
Sunday, December 02, 2007
Saturday, December 01, 2007
So, in 2000 we had a flood in our house from a broken hose on our washing machine. We woke up to the sound of water running when it should have been very quiet. At 3am......because apparently that is when emergencies happen. We ended up having to replace our whole living room with furniture. I decided to get a whole new look at that time. Well, time has passed and although the furniture was nice in 2000 its not so stylish and its all worn out now. We got our money worth in other words LOL. My colors were burgundy, moss green and taupe. *don't judge me, it looked good to me back then*
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
*my family is on the far left side, my daughter is holding her cousin Taylor who is 2, I am on the sofa on the end, my husbund has the glasses and is standing between my 2 kids. Notice my son is almost taller than my 16 year old daughter and he is just about to turn 12.
Monday, November 26, 2007
Saturday, November 24, 2007
Here is a card I entered for the A Muse Addicts Yahoo group, for the December home page contest. I used markers to color the main image and paper from Basic Grey Figgy Pudding collection. There is liquid applique on her robe and I sprinkled glitter on it before I heat set. It was very hard to photograph.I also used Spica glitter pens on the gifts and on her boots.
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
- Stamps: Papertrey Believe santa, A Muse sentiment, Su Print pattern and Dot Snowflake sets
- Paper : Pretty in Pink, Wild Wasabi, White
- Ink: Versafine Black, white craft
- Prismacolor pencils, ribbon
Friday, November 16, 2007
Color challenge card for this week. I really am not that happy with this card and I really didn't want to post it. Something is just not right about it to me. I don't like to waste cardstock so I went ahead and finished it but its a so- so card. LOL. The colors this week were Kraft, Pomagranite and white.
Thursday, November 15, 2007
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Wednesday, November 07, 2007
Sketch challenge from SCS # 149. I figured I could get as many new images on one card as possible LOL. No , I just saw a way to mask off the parts that don't fit and use these cuties. I am still lovin' Figgy Pudding paper.
- Paper: Sage Shadow, White, Figgy Pudding backgrounds
- Inks: Versafine Black, Various markers from SU
- Ribbon, Sakura Glue pen, Glitter, sponges
- All stamps by Elzybells
Tuesday, November 06, 2007
- Paper: Really Rust, Chocolate chip, Sky Blue, Shimmery Whte, Apple Spice DP.
- Ink: Chocolate, rust, sky
- Stamps: Stem Silhouettes, Sanded, Warm Wishes
- Flocked brad by Making Memories, Prima flower, Spiral punch, Janome sewing machine
Monday, November 05, 2007
Bella challenge #2 and I broke in Cosmobella. I like her alot, she reminds me of someone. I used the Cheers stamp from one of the Papertrey sets. The paper is figgy pudding by Basic Grey. I used a creative candy scallop sticker from Amuse over the top of the sentiment. I like this sketch but my measurements aren't really balanced enough for me. I need to tweak it, I actually discovered measurements were given in the posted challenge but I neglected to notice until it was too late.
- Paper, artichoke, rose red, white. basic grey figgy pudding
- Ink: Black, Rose, Watercolor Crayons were used to color
- Scallop punch by SU, circle punches in 1 1/4" & 1 1/8", Creative Candy Scallop circle by Amuse
Sunday, November 04, 2007
If you are a large 6' tall over 200 lbs aging, balding, yet oddly hairy man, I beg you, Please do not go to the neighborhood gas station wearing no shirt, grey stretchy athletic shorts hiked up to your belly button, no socks no shirt and house slippers................You are scaring old ladies and small children.
Back to your regularly scheduled blogging
- paper: Papertrey White CS, Black, Notecard from Amuse
- Ink: Versafine Black Onyx, Basic grey for the moon
- All stamps from Amuse
- Ribbon is may Arts Shimmery Irredescent Woven
Friday, November 02, 2007
New rubber is in the house! When I saw this bella I knew she was made just for me. Anyone of my close friends can tell you, "its all about the hair baby". I have hair issues LOL.
- Blush CS, Chocolate chip, Basic Grey Infuse, Shimmery white
- Inks: Blush, chocolate, Pink, Caramel, Clear Glittery Sakura Gelly Roll pen
- Polka Dot grograin ribbon
- Scallop oval, smooth oval punches
Monday, October 29, 2007
- Paper: celery, rose red, chocolate chip, white, basic Grey Pheobe
- Stamps: Cakeabella, Happy Birthday from Amuse
- Supplies: Heidi Swap ghost flower, brads, ribbon, sewing machine, quickie glue pen, glitter
Saturday, October 27, 2007
Friday, October 26, 2007
- River Rock paper, Artichoke paper, Basic Grey Dasher (Flannel Shirt), White
- Hero Arts Laughter & Meriment Set, Riviting by Stampin Up, Amuse oval
- Stampin Up Scallop Punch, Paper piercer, Deminsionals, Sewing Machine
- Colored with Watercolor Crayons
Thursday, October 25, 2007
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
- Stamps: Flannel Plaid, Amuse Pumkin Tent, Amuse Sentiment, Amuse Fence
- Paper: Really Rust, Chocolate chip, DS Apple Cider from SU, Shimmery Vanilla
- Ink: Markers in River Rock, Really Rust, Cocoa, Versamark
- Hardware: Really rust eyelet, Buckle from We Are Memory Keepers
- Linen Thread, Stitched ribbon in River Rock, deminsionals, Rectangular Scallop Punch
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Today's color challenge is Soft Sky, Purely Pomagranite, and Basic Grey. I really like these colors and tried hard to stick with just those and none other. Stamps used are Garden Whimsey, Linen, Aida, and Polka dots. The party punch tab set for the tab and sentiment. Love the SU stitched ribbons and use them every chance I get. I tried to see if glitter would work here but decided against it. Not feeling sparkly today. Enjoy!
Sunday, October 21, 2007
Thursday, October 18, 2007
Its not pretty sewing....but its the first attempt at it. I tried, I really did. Just don't look closely! I used the polished stone technique on glossy cardstock for the main background. I am experimenting with these colors for a tin I plan to alter. I used a whole sheet of glossy trying to get it right and decided to make some cards using it.. Inks are Ranger Alcohol inks in Latte', Mushroom and Pearl mixative. The papers are creamy caramel, chocolate chip and vanilla shimmery papers. Stamps by Penny Black. Stop laughing....I can hear you!
Monday, October 15, 2007
Thursday, October 11, 2007
Sunday, October 07, 2007
Here are 2 cards I was inspired to make following Geeta's class on Saturday at Memory Depot. Her cards were better but I feel like I need to make my own and not copy someone else's work so I come home and see what I can come up with. In a few minutes I will post her designs so you can see the difference.. Here are 2 of Geeta's cards Iwas inspired by to make my own.
And then I made this one:After seeing this one: