Wednesday, October 18, 2006

And we are off !


This is probably my last post for the next 6-7 days or so. Heading to Vegas baby! I wanted to try out the color challenge and sketch challenge from SCS today. I was intrigued, really avoiding my houswork, and missing stamping. I combined the 2 challenges to save time. I am not sure if the sketch is practical because it makes writing inside the card limited to a small area.I guess I have more to say than fits in the space of a 3 x 3 area LOL. Anyway, the colors are tempting turquoise, celery green, and blush blossom. I chose the flower from Be Happy as my stamp set. Used Linen on the celery background. Celery and Turquoise ribbon are tied on after punching with the slot punch. Also thought I would use the slit punch on the lower corner. I wish I had tied on a piece of celery ribbon on the slit part after I was already scanning it in. Oh well I am always afraid to try to take it apart after I glue it down so it will have to stay the same as you see it now. Also its scanned slightly crooked, I tried. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Jody Morrow said...

I'll miss you, you gambling woman! :) Have fun and enjoy yourself! :)

Lisa said...

Karen this is too cute. I love the layout, it makes a really sweet card.