Friday, October 06, 2006

Blushing Blossom


This card is for my grandmother's birthday. It will be a litle late and I feel bad about that. I hope she understands. I know she will but she is always early with my birthday cards so I am feeling guilty.I embossed the main image in black and then colored it with markers. It is stamped on glossy white paper to fancy it up a little and I used a corner punch to add some detail. It needed to be matted on black to add that extra special touch. The next layer is apricot paper stamped with the French Script background stamp and embellished with a pink organdy ribbon. The final layer is blush cardstock stamped in blush ink using the print pattern background stamp. I had trouble adding the sentiment and was headed a whole nother direction when I started. I had thought I wanted to use my window punch with the sentiment stamped on it and dangle it from the knot in the ribbon but I could not get it to lay flat or look right. I even tried using a brad to attach it and put the back of the brad through the ribbon and nothing was working. So I ended up stamping it on the bottom where you see it now. Its slightly crooked and bugging me but I refuse to trash a card over a crooked sentiment. I am going to tell myself that its artistic interest to add it slightly crooked and it makes it more personal.*rolls eyes* Anyway I am happy to have stamped today.

2 comments:

Jody Morrow said...

GORGEOUS card Karen! I love it!

Lisa said...

This is stunning, Karen. The surprise of such a beautiful card will make the wait with it!