Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Money Holder



Here is a little something I spent the morning on. I wanted to make my own money/cash holder for my nephew this year. He is 14 and too old for toys and too young for clothes, money is always just right! It took me a little while to get the measurements the way I wanted them. The biggest problem with this design is how to get the hole for the Presidents face lined up and cut out. I haven't got a punch or an oval cutting system that worked. I had to put on my thinking cap. I realize he will throw it away after he takes out the cash so it didn't have to be absolutly perfect. I used an ordinary circle hole punch. First I lined it up on a copy paper template and then I cut it out and traced around the template onto my cardstock. Then I used a regular blade to make an X inside the oval cutting through the cardstock. Then I trimmed away as much as I could with small scissors. Then I took the hole punch and went right up to the edges and punch all the way around. Like I said, its not perfect but its scalloped and close enough for me. I used the Happiest of Holidays set along with Flannel Plaid and a few random un-mounted stamps I have. The colors are cranberry crisp, true thyme, and kraft.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

This is so coll. Very fun and creative. Thanks for sharing it Karen!

Jody Morrow said...

That is SO cool!

Jen said...

Awesome money holder Karen!!!!

emilymomto3boys said...

I love this! What a perfect teenage boy gift!