Saturday, March 07, 2009

MFT Idol Contest

Okay so I normally don't enter contests and stuff because I hate losing, but $250.00 of MFT is at stake and well that's just more than I can resist! I made a Book log/library journal, a bookmark, and a Gift card holder. My inspiration was the little reading Flopsy. I can not tell you how many times I have gone to the store, bought a book and when I sit down to read, I discover I have already read it! So what I decided I needed was a journal to keep track of my books. After I started making it I realized it would have been nice to have around when my kids would need to keep a reading log at school. It was very simple to just print some pages with lines and columns so that's what I did.
This is a giant paper clip with chipboard covered in matching papers that I plan to use as a bookmark. It was hard to photograph so I put it on a card so you could see it better.


Then I got kind of excited and decided that a Barnes and Noble gift card would be a great gift to go with this set and then I would give it as a gift instead of keeping it for myself. So I needed a card for that.



This is the inside, I made a little pocket to slide a gift card in.

I hope you like my little project and if I make the top ten, please vote for me.

Paper: SU Delicate Dots, Bashful blue, Celery, PTI White

Ink: Mommento Black, Bashful blue, Colored with Copic Markers

Accessories: Chipboard, Matboard, Bind-it- All machine,Ribbon, Giant paper clip, e6000 adhesive, Prima flowers, brads

7 comments:

Terri Trotter Earley said...

LOVE IT!!!!! This just happened to me yesterday. I am trying to cut down on my book purchases so I have more crafting money and bam I have already read that one. Flopsy was already on the list and now it is a must. LOL.

Thanks for the great ideas.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Stamp Maryland said...

Your set turned out so cute! Love it Karen.

Tracy

Cat Tidwell said...

Well, I think this is just awesome! What a fantastic idea, cause I too have done that sooo many times!! Good luck with the contest too! I hope you rock the vote!

Randee E said...

Everything is beautiful. All of your MFT cards look IDOL worthy tome :0) Good luck!

Unknown said...

This is adorable, Karen!!! Love the colors and how well everything coordinates!

Tracey said...

Love Flopsey! Adorable!

Cindy Haffner said...

Fantastic, super job. Good luck.