Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mothers day revisited

I decided i didn't like the first Mother's Day card I did for my MIL so I made a new one. I pretty much cased myself just used a different stamp set and changed the layout slightly. I still used my Penny Black stamps but this time I used Windflower instead of Coneflower. I used a Maya Road clear flower that I ran through my xyron then glittered with transparent pink Fine glitter from Art Institute, May Arts ribbon again. Same basic grey Sultry patterned paper and rose red cs. Once again I used my watercolor crayons and colored directly on my stamps, then spritzed with water and stamped on watercolor paper. My sewing looks bad because once again the tension is off on my Janome. I love that little machine but I have never been able to get the tension to stay at the correct setting. I like this card much better than the teal card using the sketch. I hope she likes it too.

3 comments:

Lastel said...

Beautiful !!!

Jayne said...

Okay, You're way too hard on yourself! Of course this card is gorgeous, but the other one is, too. I'll gladly take the other one off your hands. ;^) Love your blog! Thanks for sharing.

Becky G said...

I had this stamp in my hand today and put it back! I' kicking myself for it now after seeing your card, Karen! It's beautiful! Oh, and can you guess what I had to pick up while I was at HL? I now have me a set of the Cutter Bee tweezers you showed me. Thanks, you enabler, you!

Stampin Hugs,
Becky