Saturday, May 17, 2008

The Prom




Well, here she is , its prom night and I tried to get her to powder her nose and she said no, I tried to get her to curl her hair more, she said no, tried to get her to wear more lip gloss, so said no.Do you see a trend here? I am hoping she says no for the rest of the night LMBO! She is 17 and ready to concur the world(so she thinks) My not so girly girl is all dressed and ready to hit the dance floor in 4 " stelleto heals and a full length satin halter dress. Her dad showed her some dance moves last week and made me tear up a little, it was very sweet. My how time flies. I never thought I would be old enough to have a 17 yo daughter that drives and is staying out all night tonight. I just never saw it coming. Here it is though and I have to suck it up and let her have her night. Have fun my sweet little girl, enjoy the night. Stay safe and make good choices!

*sigh* I may throw up.................or go have a few margaritas

4 comments:

Jody Morrow said...

She looks gorgeous! You did a good job helping her get ready even if she said no. :) Have a great night and call me if you want to. :)

Unknown said...

Karen she is beautiful!!!!
She looks fabulous, fresh and young and innocent!
Have a margarita for me too ;)

~Dorinda

Sharon said...

She looks gorgeous hun!

Paula said...

Oh how I understand them growing up to fast. I went through this last year. Now I have a young lady that will be a sophmore in College. At 17 I also did not want here to grow up to fast. Now that she is 18 and knows everything (yea right)we have to let go (within reason) and let them make their own mistakes. Your daughter is beautiful and yes, they have a mind of thier own.